Sports Coaching Courses
Qualifying as a sports coach is an excellent way to either start a career in sports, earn a second income or provide a valuable volunteer service to your local community. Coaching sport can be very rewarding and it provides an opportunity to combine a passion and a career together. There are generic sports coaching and activity leadership qualifications out there but if you want to work in a specific sport you need to have the relevant qualification recognised by the national governing body of that sport.
WimX Tennis Coaching Courses
WimX can offer a variety of sports coaching qualifications for groups but we do specialise in tennis coaching. Our level 1 and level 2 tennis coaching qualifications are delivered by a top coach who has experience of all coaching and playing levels. We also offer a unique “experience” option to the candidates which gives them the chance to gain some some credible work experience and a reference for their CV. There is also a chance to earn coaching work with our many partners who deliver tennis programs.
We currently offer the following qualifications as part of our regular calendar but please feel free to contact us if you would like to organise a specific coaching course for your group or club
L1 Award in coaching tennis (1st4Sport)
The course is the starting point for people who want to get involved in tennis. It is aimed at people who are enthusiastic about tennis and want to help a coach deliver Mini Tennis.
The main objectives are to train candidates in how to assist an LTA licensed coach with groups of mini tennis players.
- Motivate and inspire people to play tennis
- Use effective verbal and non verbal communication skills
- Organise tennis activity constructively and safely
- Plan and deliver a structured lesson using LTA Level 1 coach resources
- Have basic knowledge of tactics, techniques and rules of tennis
- Have a full understanding of the structure of mini tennis
L2 NCFE Certificate in the principles and preparations for coaching sports
Learners will be able to develop the skills and principles required to safely deliver sports coaching sessions.
The units in this course are as follows:
- Understanding the fundamentals of coaching sport
- Understanding how to develop participants through coaching sport
- Supporting participants lifestyle through coaching sport
- Understanding the principles of safe and equitable coaching practice
- Assist in the delivery of a sports activity session
L2 Certificate in coaching tennis
The Level 2 Coaching Assistant course is aimed at Coaching Assistants who want to improve their coaching skills and be able to work with groups of beginners on their own under the umbrella programme of a licensed coach.
It will build on the skills learnt on the Level 1 course and will expand your knowledge of working with groups of players in different environments. It will also focus on running short format competitions that will allow beginners to enjoy competing.
On successful completion of the Level 2 candidates should be able to:
- Organise competition for groups of beginners
- Coach groups of beginners using differentiated equipment
- Plan and deliver a structured lesson using LTA Level 2 coach resources
- Give advice on tactical and technical improvement for beginners of mini tennis
L2 Diploma in coaching tennis
This is work-based course which incorporates the L2 certificate as well as work experience.
L2 NVQ in Activity Leadership
This qualification is relevant for those involved in the planning, delivery and evaluation of activity sessions. It is a mixture of classroom and workplace assignments and is designed for those who are actively volunteering or working in delivering activity.
The units in this course are as follows:
- Support the work of the team and organisation
- Prepare for activity sessions
- Lead activity sessions
- Conclude and review activity sessions
- Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Support equality and diversity in active leisure and recreation
- Set up, take down and store activity equipment
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
Please click here to view dates and book on one of our courses