A vocational course is a course designed to train you for a specific job or career.
Please see our internships and apprenticeships page for more information on these programs.
Through WimX there are many opportunities to become qualified in certain areas of the Sport industry as well as in other related fields. At WimX we know that the costs of this specialised training; whether this be for someone starting out or looking to change careers, can be prohibitive. That’s why we do everything we can to keep our course prices low and in many cases we can provide them for free.
Please see below for examples of the vocational courses we run which can lead you or your group members to full or part-time employment.
See if you meet the criteria to take our courses for FREE
Level 1 Award in Sport and leisure
- Provides an overview of the jobs within the industry and a career plan to reach your goal
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (gym instructor or teaching activity to children)
- successful completion qualifies you for the Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 2
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- successful completion qualifies you for the Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 3
Level 1 Award in Coaching Tennis
- Teaches you how to assist a lead coach at a mini tennis session
Level 2 Certificate in the principles and preparations for coaching sports
- Allows you to apply for sports coaching jobs with kids camps
Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Coaching Tennis
- Teaches you how to deliver to beginners and beginner groups