This is a 2 day course running on 4/7 and 25/7.
This enhanced two day qualification is ideal for tennis parents, enthusiasts, or keen players looking for the knowledge and skills to support group coaching sessions, alongside a lead Coach.
Learning outcomes include:
- Communication, organisation and differentiation skills for group coaching
- Basic tactical, technical, physical and mental development frameworks
- Other key assistant skills; from safeguarding to LTA Youth delivery.
LTA Assistants will be trained to assist a lead Coach at any venue. The course is designed so that sessions run by a lead Coach can be run with higher group numbers, or a session with the same group numbers can be run with higher quality. The course learning outcomes are delivered in the context of beginner level, 10 and under coaching. However, the course covers basic knowledge and skills that are applicable for any age of player and any level of player.
There are two separate components to LTA Qualifications; Training and Assessment.
Training: The LTA Assistant course consists of two days of face-to-face training time, which are separated by a minimum of 3 weeks (to provide time for 4 hours’ work experience & course work-completion).
Assessment: The LTA Assistant course does not require a Final Assessment as it is continually assessed throughout the course.
We have some pre-requisites to ensure that the course is right for you. For the LTA Assistant, these are:
- Be 16 years old on or before the first day of the course
- Have a signed ‘letter of deployment’ from the venue where you have your 4 hours’ work-experience organised. If you need support with this, we can help set up your work experience.