This qualification will run on the following dates:
12/09, 13/09, 14/09
03/10, 04/10, 05/10
31/10, 1/11, 2/11
08/12, 09/12, 10/12
The level 3 coach qualification course is for people who want to work full time within the tennis coaching profession. On successful completion of the coach qualification candidates will be trained to:
- Coach beginners and improvers in groups and as individuals
- Understand the basics of business management
- Understand the competitive structure in the UK
- Manage the work of level 1 and 2 coaching assistants
The course is 12 days broken down into 4 modules of 3 days plus a video assessment. The breaks between modules will allow coaches time to undertake 3 x 9 hours of coaching experience totalling 27 hours.
WimX will deliver days 1-12 of the core training and on day 12 of the course coaches will undertake the group lesson Summative Assessment requirement with the rest of the course cohort and feedback will be presented by your tutor on the day. The outcome of the assessment will not necessarily be communicated on the day. If a group reassessment is required you will have to pay an additional fee for this to be assessed.
Once the Level 3 core training is completed Coaches will be required to book their individual lesson Summative Assessment on the LTA Course Search Tool which will require a separate booking and payment process through the LTA.
Candidates must attend all the sessions of the course and pass all elements of assessment to be successful.
- Hold the level 2 coaching assistant certificate/ECA/ETTC
- Be LTA Accredited or hold a DBS/PVG Enhanced Check with Child Barred List certificate (Volunteer certificates cannot be accepted) applied for through LTA/Tennis Scotland. The certificate must be less than 12 months old from the start date of the course. A DBS can be accepted if you are on the Update Service - see here for more details. Please note that it may take at least eight weeks for a DBS to be processed and you must hold a valid LTA DBS certificate upon booking.
- Have (or have had) a rating of 6.1 (post 2003) or better, have successfully completed the Coach Readiness Test or have previously completed a Play Test (at a minimum of Grade 1).
- Hold a valid certificate of competence in either First Aid at Work (FAW), Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW), Paediatric First Aid or will have successfully completed the OFQUAL Level 3 in First Aid.
Please note that all online modules for this core training are expected to be completed by the last date of the course. However, we allow for a further four weeks to give you extra time to submit all online work for marking by your tutor. If work is submitted after the submission deadline date we will charge a late marking fee of £50.
The deadline to complete and achieve the full course without having to pay a fee to re-register is three years from the start date.