This course is for all Level 1-5 Coaches and Welfare Officers looking to either join/renew coach accreditation or to get the safeguarding pre-requisite. You will also need to complete this course if your last safeguarding course was the LTA refresher 'Safeguarding in Tennis Together'. **
This is currently a virtual classroom (equivalent to a face to face course) hosted via Zoom.
You will be sent a Zoom link via email 24 hours prior to the course starting. Please ensure the email address on your LTA profile is up to date and that you check your spam inbox to ensure you receive the joining instructions.
You do not need to print off anything before the course but may need to write notes as you go along. A handout will be provided after the course.
If you have completed face-to-face safeguarding training within the last 3 years you can take the online safeguarding module Safeguarding In Tennis Together to renew. Please ensure you book onto the right version, as there are role specific versions (i.e. one for coaches, one for Welfare Officers etc).
This course is essential for anyone who has contact with children and/or adults at risk in a tennis environment.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what safeguarding means
- Identify how safeguarding issues can arise and what you can do to minimise the chance of them happening
- Understand the types of abuse and neglect in children and adults at risk and the impact this can have
- Learn best practice for responding to safeguarding concerns
- Understand the current landscape of safeguarding and how the LTA can support you
- Please note that due to Covid-19, this course will take place in a virtual environment.
- The duration of this course is three hours including a break
- This course has been approved by the LTA for 3 CPD credits
- The minimum age to attend is 16 years old
- If you are a volunteer, you can get a refund (if a paid safeguarding course). Please fill in your details and reasoning for the refund on the Contact Us page and we will assess your request